How Could Your Holiday Affect Your Skin?
When you go on holiday, whether it’s somewhere cold or hot, your skin responds. So it’s important to take care so you can feel confident when you’re away.
If you’re going somewhere cold. Perhaps a skiing break, a trip to Iceland or somewhere you’ll need to wrap up, these are your skin care essentials to pack:
- Breathable cotton clothes. If you’re layering up, that can often lead to sweat so if you’re worried about breakouts on your body, make sure you wear cotton materials and pack plenty so you can always wear clean clothes (very important for keeping spot causing bacteria at bay!)
- Moisturiser. The cold weather can strip your skin, leaving it feeling dry and flaky. Moisturise at least twice a day and bring extra with you to top up throughout the day.
- SPF. When you’re in a colder environment it’s easy to forget that you can still burn, sometimes even more easily as if there’s a cold chill in the air, you don’t feel yourself burning as much.
- Anti-blemish & Scar Repair Body Moisturiser. This contains ceramides and Vitamin E to strengthen and protect your skin as well as our unique formula to fight blemishes. It’s ideal for protecting your skin from sweat induced breakouts and helping to keep your skin protected from any harsh winds.
Want to come back from your trip with a healthy post-holiday glow? Make sure you take these with you.
- A sun hat. The skin on your face is more sensitive than everywhere else so wear this when you’re sunbathing to keep it from burning.
- Sun cream. This is essential. Use factor 30 or above and wear it every day, topping up throughout the day. Make sure it’s oil free if you are prone to breakouts.
- Super Hydrating Elixir. The combination of sun and salty sea can really dry out your skin. Our Super Hydrating Elixir contains HA, which brings water to the surface of your skin, as well as Niacinamide to help brighten your skin. Apply 2-3 drops before your moisturiser/ sun cream every morning and night.
- A large refillable water bottle. When you’re sunbathing or out and about in the heat, you are almost constantly losing moisture. So it’s vital to keep hydrated (even more so if you’re sipping on cocktails). Your skin needs hydration to look and feel plumper and healthier. Fill it up and keep it with you throughout the day.
If you’re planning a weekend exploring a new foreign city, there are a few things you need to remember to help your skin feel its best:
- Anti-blemish & Scar Repair Moisturiser. This contains antioxidants to help nourish your skin and protect it from pollution.
- Everyday Cleanser. When you’re in a city surrounded by pollution, especially if it’s hot and you find yourself sweating. It’s vital to make sure you properly cleanse your skin at least twice a day. Our Everyday Cleanser gently kills bacteria, removes dirt and hydrates your skin. It also smells incredible so will leave you feeling wonderfully fresh at the end of a long day’s sightseeing.
- Refillable water bottle. Take this out with you very day to make sure you stay hydrated and keep your skin from getting thirsty!
- Blotting papers/ clean tissues. If your skin is oily, these are ideal for soaking up any extra oil, and are less likely to cause breakouts than adding extra powder.
- Silver spray. When you’re travelling around a city, you want to make sure you’re regularly sanitising your hands. Our silver spray kills 99.8% of bacteria without drying out your hands, leaving them soft and hydrated. Use as many times as needed throughout the day with no flaky palms.
Perhaps you’re sticking local for your holiday this year. If it’s a UK holiday you’re doing, as we all know, the weather can be a little unpredictable. Pack the following and you can make sure you’re prepared for anything:
- Silver Intensive Mask. This peel off mask will boost glow and brighten your skin, no matter how much it rains. Consider it your ‘feel good, whatever the weather’ face mask.
- SPF Moisturiser. Bring a moisturiser containing SPF. That way, if the weather changes halfway through the day, you know your skin will be protected.
- Ditch your make-up (if you feel confident). Getting the fresh air to your skin can be a great way to brighten your skin and boost your mood. Often. applying make-up can make breakouts worse and it can become a cycle that’s hard to break. If you don’t feel you can ditch your make-up, make sure you wash all your brushes/ sponges and always apply your Anti-blemish serum under your skin make-up to help protect your skin.
Check out our most popular content
5 NATURAL ACNE REMEDIES
SHOULD I GO ON ACCUTANE?
6 TIPS FOR POSITIVE MENTAL HEALTH
Join the 47 CLUB for new videos, blogs and discount codes and start feeling great about your skin!