It’s that time of year again when last minute Creme eggs at the checkout counter are hard to resist.
Whatever you’re up to this weekend, here are your top skin care tips, guaranteed to help you feel good about your skin.
1) Be careful not to overdo it on Easter eggs. While the link between food and acne is debatable amongst experts, one thing for sure is that when you eat a lot of sugary foods, your insulin levels spike. This makes your skin produce more oil and can lead to breakouts.
2) Make sure you start wearing SPF. If you decided to give your SPF a break over winter (which we wouldn’t recommend but we’ll forgive you…) it’s time to start again. Apply your serum, then moisturiser followed by SPF 30 or above (or use a moisturiser that contains SPF). If you’re prone to breakouts, look for oil free, lighter products.
3) Ditch the heating. With the weather going from hot to cold, it’s a confusing time of year for knowing when to put the heating on. Central heating can dry out your skin so try layering up instead of just flicking on your heating, this weekend.
4) Get some fresh air. It’s the perfect time of year for a walk. Whether it’s on your own, with family or friends. Go make-up free if you can, and let the fresh air energize your skin. You’ll find your skin and your mind both feel more refreshed after.
5) Have a ‘Feel Good Friday’ pamper session. Kick your holiday weekend off to the perfect start with this simple routine:
First wet your face with warm water and cleanse with your Everyday Cleanser. Rinse with water and a warm washcloth. This gorgeous smelling cleanser is the ideal way to relax and refresh into the long weekend.
Splash your face with cold water to refresh and brighten your complexion.
Use a gentle exfoliator to buff away any dead skin. You can make a natural one with 1 tablespoon of honey and a teaspoon of caster sugar. Mix together and massage gently in circular motions for 2-3 minutes before washing off.
6) Load up on skin boosting veggies. If you’re having a roast dinner this Easter weekend, make sure to add plenty of vegetables containing antioxidants to your plate such as spinach, broccoli, kale and sweet potatoes. These will boost glow and make you feel super proud for being healthy. A great way to counteract all those chocolate eggs!