No matter how long you’ve been doing your make-up, this list is for you.
These handy hacks will make getting ready so much easier and help you feel even better about your finished look!
1) Don’t dot concealer under your eyes. Instead, apply concealer in an upside down triangle under each eye and blend. This will brighten dark circles and draw attention to your pupils.
2) Apply a nude or white liner just above your bottom eyelashes to make your eyes appear wider.
3) Use the handle end of a spoon to help you get winged eye liner straight. To make sure you get both eyes the same length – draw a dot next to each eye before you start.
4) Heat your eye lash curlers with a hair dryer before using them. This will help them curl more and for longer. (just be careful to make sure they're not too hot!)
5) Plump your lashes with powder. Dust some translucent powder on your lashes before applying mascara (and in between coats) to easily add volume.
6) Before applying eyeshadow, dab your eyelids with a cotton wool pad or tissue to remove any excess oil. This will prevent creasing and help it last longer.
7) No eye liner to hand? Use eyeshadow instead. Just apply with a thin damp brush.
8)Highlight just above the middle of your lips on your cupids bow before applying lipstick/ lip-gloss.
9) Use lip pencil to make lips appear more plumped. Simply pencil a faint line just above the rim of your cupids bow and the middle of your bottom lip and join both lines up to the corner of your mouth. Make sure the outer corners of your lips are lined on your actual lip line to keep it looking natural.
10) Prime your lips with concealer before to help lip colour stick and last longer.
11) Always apply foundation before concealer. This makes it easier to add coverage and helps avoid that ‘caking’ look.
12) Apply concealer to blemishes with a clean finger rather than a brush or sponge to avoid spreading bacteria but also maximising coverage on top of the spot.
13) Don’t need much coverage but still want a little colour? Mix your foundation with moisturiser (or your 47 Skin serum) to create your own tinted moisturiser.
Make-up can be frustrating, especially when it doesn’t look as ‘perfect’ as you imagined.
Remember it’s not about achieving a flawless look - it’s about helping you feel good about yourself. 😊